If you’re a Speech Therapist or thinking of becoming a licensed Speech Language Pathologist, you know that your learning doesn’t stop when you get your degree. From keeping up with the latest research to mastering new treatment techniques, ongoing education is part and parcel of this rewarding profession. That’s why we’ve taken the time to sift through a myriad of CEU options to bring you the top 7 providers in the field.
Finding the right CEU courses can be overwhelming, given the multitude of online resources. Whether you’re an established practitioner or new to the field, we’re here to help you narrow down your options. Read on to discover top-notch providers that will not only meet your licensure requirements but also enrich your practice.
Our List of the Top 6 Speech Language Pathology CEU Courses
SpeechPathology.com is not just another CEU provider; it’s a treasure trove for speech therapists hungry for knowledge. Established in 1999, this platform offers a mix of live webinars, video courses, and text-based learning tailored specifically for speech-language pathologists. Whether you’re looking to deepen your expertise in fluency disorders or explore new advancements in pediatric care, SpeechPathology.com has got you covered.
The website not only offers accredited courses but also provides insightful articles, interactive case studies, and engaging forums where you can interact with industry experts and peers alike. It’s more than just a learning platform—it’s a thriving community that fosters professional development.
- Wide range of courses tailored for Speech Therapists
- Multiple learning formats including live webinars and videos
- Accredited by leading Speech-Language Pathology organizations
- Community forums for networking and knowledge sharing
- Subscription-based service may not suit all budgets
- Some users find the user interface a bit outdated
Subscription model starting at $99/year
Rated 4.5 out of 5 based on aggregated reviews from various online platforms.
In the bustling world of Speech Therapy CEUs, MedBridge has carved out its own niche. Founded in 2011, MedBridge offers a multitude of CEU courses that focus on delivering evidence-based content. But what sets it apart is its emphasis on clinical applications, where theoretical knowledge meets real-world practice.
From courses that delve into the nuances of dysphagia treatment to more general overviews of communication disorders, MedBridge is geared towards equipping you with actionable skills. On top of that, its user-friendly interface and mobile app make learning on-the-go a seamless experience.
- High-quality, evidence-based content
- Strong emphasis on clinical applications
- User-friendly interface and mobile app for learning anywhere
- Offers a variety of interactive learning tools
- A higher price point compared to other providers
- Courses are more focused on clinical applications, which may not be everyone’s need
Annual subscription starts at $375/year
Rated 4.7 out of 5, highly recommended for its diverse course offerings and practical focus.
3. ASHA Professional Development
For those in the speech therapy field, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is a name that needs no introduction. As a leading organization in the industry, it’s only natural that ASHA offers a top-tier Professional Development platform. With courses directly aligned with the demands of modern speech therapy, this is a resource you’ll find indispensable.
What makes ASHA stand out is the credibility that comes with its name, supported by research-based and peer-reviewed course content. No matter your area of focus—whether it’s childhood speech disorders or geriatric care—ASHA provides a holistic educational experience.
- Peer-reviewed, research-based course content
- Courses aligned with current industry demands
- High credibility attached to the ASHA name
- A wide variety of topics to choose from
- Pricing can be on the higher side for non-members
- Limited interactive features compared to other platforms
Varies by course; discounts available for ASHA members
Rated 4.6 out of 5, lauded for its in-depth, research-based content.
4. Northern Speech Services
Northern Speech Services takes a slightly different approach to Speech Therapy CEUs. Founded in 1972, it aims to provide practical, engaging courses that have immediate applicability in clinical settings. This is a go-to resource if you’re interested in quickly translating what you’ve learned into effective practice.
The platform offers both online and mail-order courses, adding a layer of flexibility to your learning experience. With Northern Speech Services, you’ll find a blend of academic rigor and real-world application that is hard to beat.
- Courses focus on practical, real-world applications
- Flexible learning formats, including mail-order options
- A long-standing reputation in the industry
- CEU tracking and reporting services
- Not as tech-savvy as other platforms
- Some find the course offerings to be more niche
Course prices start at $25; package deals are available
Rated 4.4 out of 5 for its practical approach to Speech Therapy CEUs and course flexibility.
If you’re searching for a comprehensive platform for your CEU needs, SpeechPathology.com should be on your radar. Offering a wide array of courses that cover everything from diagnostics to treatment plans, this platform is a one-stop-shop for speech therapists.
The beauty of SpeechPathology.com lies in its user-friendly interface and course variety. They offer live webinars, recorded sessions, and text-based courses, ensuring that every learning style is catered to. This versatility makes it a standout in the crowded field of CEU providers.
- Wide variety of course formats to suit all learning styles
- User-friendly interface for easy navigation
- A comprehensive range of topics
- Offers CEU tracking and certificates
- Membership fee required for full access
- Some users find the customer support lacking
Yearly membership starts at $99, which includes unlimited CEUs
Rated 4.5 out of 5 for its wide range of courses and learning formats.
Lingraphica specializes in aiding communication for adults with language and cognitive impairments. Its courses focus mainly on aphasia, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), and other specialized subjects within the field of speech therapy.
One of Lingraphica’s strongest selling points is its specialized focus. If you’re keen on diving deep into areas like aphasia or AAC, you’ll find the course content here to be remarkably thorough and research-backed.
- Highly specialized course content
- A reputable name in aphasia and AAC
- Research-backed, in-depth courses
- Courses are often free or low-cost
- Limited course variety compared to other platforms
- May not cater to all areas of speech therapy
Many courses are free; some specialized courses may have a fee
Rated 4.3 out of 5 for its specialized focus and research-backed courses.
What is continuing Education for Speech Therapy
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in Speech Therapy are more than just a checkbox for maintaining your licensure. They serve as an avenue for therapists to continue evolving in their career. This growth not only benefits the individual but significantly contributes to the quality of care provided to patients. In a world where medical science is advancing at a rapid pace, CEUs keep you on the forefront of new techniques, methods, and best practices.
Online Speech-Language Pathology programs are becoming more and more popular. This is why many professionals find online CEU courses incredibly convenient. These web-based programs provide a flexible learning environment that can be adapted to fit even the most hectic schedules. Whether you’re looking to refine a specific skill or broaden your understanding of the field, CEUs offer a targeted way to achieve your objectives while staying current.
Selecting the right CEU provider is a critical step in your career as a speech therapist. It’s not just about meeting licensing requirements; it’s about enhancing your skill set, staying updated with the latest techniques, and delivering the best care to your clients. Whether you’re looking for specialized courses or a broad curriculum, our top picks offer a variety of options tailored to meet your educational needs and career goals.
1. Can I use multiple CEU providers?
Yes, you can mix and match courses from various providers to meet your licensing requirements and personal learning preferences.
2. How do I track my CEUs?
Most platforms offer CEU tracking and certificates as part of their service. However, it’s also advisable to keep your own records for extra verification.
3. Are online CEUs recognized?
Yes, most licensing boards accept online CEUs, but always check your state’s specific requirements to be sure.
4. What factors should I consider when choosing a CEU provider?
Look for course variety, ease of use, affordability, and whether or not the courses are accredited by relevant authorities.